Our Lady of Assumption Church

Out Lady of Assumption Church in 2010. Photo by Judith Isaacs

 

Our Lady of Assumption Catholic Church was dedicated to Mariano S. Otero, a nephew of Miguel Otero who died in 1904. The church was built around 1900 by the Otero and Perea families on land donated by the Archuleta family. In 1920, the first of three additions was built on the rear.